» Athletic Programs
» Ice Rink
Learn-to-skate will be offered during the holiday vacation week and the February vacation week.
In February, lessons will be offered Monday thru Thursday, 2/18 thru 2/21, 11:45am - 12:45pm, for ages 5 thru 12. Cost is $25 for the four days plus a $10 Club membership. Limited rental skates are available. No double runners allowed.
- Saturdays and Sundays: 2:00 - 3:45pm, beginning 10/13/2012 thru mid-March.
- Children - $3.00 with membership; $5.00 without membership
- Adults - $5.00
- Ice skate rental available (while they last!) - $3.00 per session
- 1/19/2013 and 1/20/2013 there is no skating due to special hockey and figure skating events
- Special public skates will occur from 1 - 2:30 PM during the February school vacation, 2/18 thru 2/22.
The Ice Shockers - After School Speed Skating Program for Girls
- This after school program is co-sponsored by Girls Inc. of the Berkshires and the Boys' & Girls' Club of Pittsfield, Inc..
- The program lasts only seven weeks from the beginning of October through the Saturday before Thanksgiving. Transportation from school to the rink will be provided.
- Speed skating is a competitive form of ice skating in which the competitors race each other in traveling a certain distance on skates. The program includes equipment, ice time, instruction and ends with a race held the Saturday before Thanksgiving. Yoga, nutrition and other fun activities are part of this "girls only" program.
- Open to girls in middle school. Ice time is 2:45 to 3:45 on Tuesdays and Thursdays with Health and Wellness program from 4:00 - 5:00 on Tuesdays.
- The program is free.
- Starts Thursday, September 27 with an orientation and skate fitting. The program will continue until Tuesday, November 20. There is an optional speed skating competition in Walpole on November 17.
- For more information see http://pittsfieldspeedskating.net/ and check out the Ice Shockers tab.
Competitive Speed Skating Events
To be announced for 2012 - 2013 season.
Pittsfield Parks Speed Skating
- For more information call John Murphy, president, Berkshire Speed Skating Club, 413-329-0391, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Kathy Maloney, secretary, 413-442-4571, email@example.com. We are a club which promotes speed skating as lifelong activity for both recreation and competition. We welcome people of all ages, and we are most keen on those who don't now skate but might like to learn.
Come and give it a try any Tuesday or Sunday from October through February. 6:10pm on Tuesdays, 7:30pm on Sundays.
Visit our web site at http://pittsfieldspeedskating.net/